Newboro Community Hall

Approximately 156 years old, Newboro Community Hall is one of the oldest structures owned by the township of Rideau Lakes.

It has recently been designated as being a structure of significant cultural heritage by the township. The Agricultural Society of North Crosby built the building between 1866-1867 on the old fair grounds where our memorial park is located today. The Newboro Masonic Lodge started renting out the fair building in 1867. The building survived two major fires in 1874 and 1922 that both left extensive damage to the town. The fair stopped running after WW1 and the building was moved to the vacant lots on Drummond Street where 8 buildings were lost in the 1922 fire where it serves the community to this day!

 

Website / Facebook


15 Drummond St, Newboro, Ontario.