Mississippi Mills

Union Hall

Union Hall - Exterior 4Constructed in 1857 through the efforts of local farmers and the Ramsay District Library Board, Union Hall has been used continuously for over 150 years as a library, meeting hall, place of worship, and a venue for countless family celebrations, memorial services, dances, children’s parties, and cultural activities. It is thanks to the Union Hall Women’s Institute that the hall has an expansive stage and a well-loved dance floor.

Owing to major repairs in the 1980s, Union Hall is still booming. Neighbours gather for pancake breakfasts, blueberry teas, public information sessions, studio tours, a weekly farmers market, and an autumn potluck and talent show. Union Hall is an important landmark in Mississippi Mills, as evidenced by its namesakes Union Hall Creek and Old Union Hall Road, and an important meeting place in the community, where old-time residents and newcomers mingle, swapping stories and making new ones.



1984 Wolf Grove Road (at the corner of Tatlock Road). Mississippi Mills, Ontario.